NimbleKit - fast iOS app development

logging application

Feature requests and propositions

Re: logging application

Postby ueilat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:03 pm

at the end the feature request was cancelled by sunny because it requires privat api to do it that means apple refusal due to acceptance procedure requirements.
I debug using NKLog verifyng where the code stops and trying to understand the issue... is very trouble but for the moment no solution at all
ueilat
NimbleKit Expert

Re: logging application

Postby eduo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Sadly the problem with the proprietary JS calls from NK is that the behaviours can't be reproduced in a desktop browser. For all the rest of functions this is a real possibility and I've debugged more than a few problems by running the functions in the web inspector from Safari.

Other than this, as ueilat right says, you have to pepper the code with NKLog and keep track of what's doing what. Then, if everything works you can just comment all those out.

I have set-up NKMyLog which takes the same parameter as Sunny's NKLog but takes a variable set by the app upon start. That way NKLog is only used when "debugLog=true" is defined.

Remember you can also use NKAlert, but that thing's asynchronously lauched, it's not quite the same as a JavaScript Alert (or a JS alert(), even).

Eduo
eduo

Previous

Return to Wish list